How many days you can not follow a diet and not get better, says nutritionist

Meeting with friends and family holidays are a common cause of eating disorders. Can a couple of days of hearty feasts spoil the result of multi-day workouts? Are there ways not to gain extra pounds by eating grandmother’s pies and kebabs in the country? Here is a detailed instruction on how to hold a feast without harm to health and figure.

How and what to eat so as not to get fat over the holidays

An extra piece of pizza or barbecue at the festive table is not a reason to run to the gym or “get on the water” from Monday. Even with a strict diet, deviations are possible, and for them you should not scold yourself or try to somehow compensate. Starvation, exhausting workouts, dangerous fat burners get a categorical “no”.

Note: The best way not to gain extra pounds during the holidays is to control yourself and stick to a balanced diet at 80% of the diet. That is, most of all food should be part of a balanced diet, and the remaining 20% ​​can be filled with holiday treats.

Remove excess from your diet:

  • trans fats – margarine, popcorn, fast food, bakery products;
  • semi-finished products – dumplings, meatballs and other frozen ready meals;
  • added sugar – sausages, sweets, canned vegetables, yogurts;
  • shop juices, sauces.

Use a competent nutrition scheme:

  • breakfast with a predominance of fats;
  • protein lunch;
  • vegetable dinner;
  • enough water;
  • fruits and natural sweets – 30-50 g before meals;
  • probiotics and prebiotics (live bacteria can be added to every meal).

Stick to BJU (ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates). A complete diet includes three meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner (without snacks).

Breakfast (from 7:00 to 10:00, two glasses of water 30 minutes before breakfast):

  • fats – up to 65%;
  • proteins – 15%;
  • carbohydrates – 20%.

Lunch (from 12:00 to 14:00):

  • proteins – 25%;
  • fats – 15%;
  • fiber (greens and vegetables) – up to 60%.

Dinner (from 17:00 to 18:00):

  • carbohydrates – up to 75%;
  • fats – up to 15%;
  • proteins – up to 15%.

How to lose weight fast if you overeat

Note: If self-control was lost and you obviously overate during the holidays, do not rush to cut down on the amount of food consumed and give up carbohydrates. Give yourself time to return to your usual mode, and the “stuck” kilograms will go away. After all, often a sharp weight gain speaks only of fluid retention in the tissues. Due to overeating, water accumulates in the body, and a person sees “weight gain” on the scales. After a few days of a balanced diet without excess carbohydrates, the weight will return to normal.

But for this you need to follow a few rules:

  • do not reduce calories below 1200 kcal, and weight – more than 1 kg per week;
  • normalize the work of bile and lymphatic drainage, detoxification functions;
  • fill key deficits and only in this case do high-interval training like HIIT;
  • do not eat four hours before bedtime, do not snack during the day and normalize the mode and depth of sleep.

How not to lose weight

To normalize weight in the long term, torturing yourself with grueling workouts and a starvation diet is a bad idea. This can lead to health problems.

Diet with calorie restriction and reduced dietary diversity. Leads to the development of deficiencies in macro- and micronutrients. This disrupts the functioning of organs and hormonal balance.

Increasing protein in the diet. If protein absorption is impaired, this strategy leads to an increase in fermentation processes in the intestines, an increased load on the kidneys and lymphatic system.

A sharp increase in physical activity. So that sports do not harm health, you first need to eliminate basic deficiencies in vitamins, macro- and micronutrients. Active physical activity can be done when there is enough energy and there is a natural desire for sports.

Taking dangerous fat burners. After their use, there is usually an additional weight gain. And that’s not to mention other consequences.

Prolonged fasting to lose weight. Because of this, metabolism is disturbed, after which additional weight gain occurs and the risk of eating disorders increases.

Leave a Comment